September 30, 2011
September 29, 2011
September 28, 2011
September 25, 2011
September 24, 2011
September 23, 2011
September 22, 2011
September 20, 2011
September 17, 2011
September 16, 2011
September 15, 2011
1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half.
2. Use an image that must be colored in (an outline image), and color with the medium of your choice.
3. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.
4. Upload your masterpiece somewhere on the interwebs and link back to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity.
5. The most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!!!!!
Paper and Such
is sponsoring the
below is a bit about Operation Write Home
Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank
handmade greeting cards to write home on,
as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
This merry band of thousands of cardmakers is made up of Americans - and citizens of other nations too - who care about our military, and want to support them through creativity and encouragement. Crafters of all ages and levels of experience have participated since 2007...and are on the way to a landmark one MILLION cards!
Care packages filled with hundreds of handmade cards are sent to our contacts, restocking every 6-8 weeks, and are sent in time for the long journey back home to loved ones. Each box is packed with great care, alternating styles, colors, and cardmakers from all over the USA, creating "eye candy" for heroes who see only khaki around them. The topper on each box is a plastic bag filled with 20-30 letters from adults and children across the country, letters handed out especially to those in need of a positive word from the homefront.
Boxes are shipped through every week of the year, so join us anytime in sending your beautiful creations to help our heroes keep in touch with home!